Nordgold Reports Q4 and 2016 Financial and Operating Results
London, United Kingdom, 23 March 2017 - Nord Gold SE (“Nordgold” or the “Company), the internationally diversified gold producer, announces its financial and operating results for the fourth quarter and 12 months ended 31 December 2016.
- EBITDA (1) of US$118.5 million in Q4 2016 and of US$488.4 million in 2016.
- EBITDA margin of 42.7% in Q4 2016 and of 45.4% in 2016.
- Net profit of US$160.1 million and normalised net profit attributable to shareholders (2) of US$223.1 million in 2016.
- Operating cash flow of US$124.6 million in Q4 2016 and of US$394.3 million in 2016.
- Free cash flow (2) of US$62.2 million in 2016, while investing in the construction of the new low-cost Bouly and Gross mines during the year. All producing assets were free cashflow positive in 2016.
- 2016 total debt down to US$861.6 million and 2016 net debt (2) down to US$505.4 million.
- All-in sustaining costs (2) ("AISC") of US$917/oz in 2016 at the lower end of 2016 guidance of US$900/oz – US$950/oz.
- 2017 production is expected to be in the range of 900 – 950 koz at AISC of US$900-950 per ounce.
Message from the CEO
"2016 was another year of strategic and operational progress. While production was not at the level we were expecting in the first half, we took extensive measures to drive down costs and improve efficiencies across our mine sites. These actions resulted in a better second half performance and an improved outlook for production in 2017. We have also delivered a solid EBITDA result in a more challenging year, and strong cash generation has ensured we can return value to our shareholders.
“A key highlight during the year was the successful launch of our new Bouly Mine in Burkina Faso which once again demonstrates our strong track record in developing outstanding mining assets from the ground up, following the success of our flagship Bissa mine in 2013. Bouly has delivered well ahead of our expectations, testament to the expertise of our team, while construction of our next growth project, the new Gross mine in Russia is also progressing well. The success of Bouly, combined with the development of Gross and our wider development pipeline all show that our business is built on strong foundations with a clear strategy. We remain committed to running a safe, efficient, cash generative operation, which in turn, will continue to generate robust shareholder returns."Nikolai Zelenski, Chief Executive Officer, Nordgold
- (1) For detailed definition of the normalised EBITDA, please see “Non-IFRS Financial Measures”.
- (1) For detailed definition, please see “Non-IFRS Financial Measures”.
- (1) Bouly 2016 revenue was partially capitalised as the asset was in the ramp up stage.