Nordgold opens its UNCONDITIONAL On-Market ALL CASH offer for Cardinal Resources
Nordgold’s Offer provides Cardinal shareholders with a compelling opportunity to realise clear, certain and immediate value for their shares.
30 July 2020
Nord Gold SE (‘Nordgold’ or ‘the Company’) has opened its unconditional on-market A$0.66 cash per share offer to acquire all of the ordinary shares in Cardinal Resources Limited (‘Cardinal’) that it does not already own. The Offer will remain open until the close of trading (4pm Sydney time) on 31 August 2020*.
Offer consideration of A$0.66 per share represents a 164% premium to the closing price on 13 March 2020, the last trading day prior to the announcement of Nordgold’s indicative proposal and request for due diligence to Cardinal (‘Preliminary Proposal’) and values Cardinal at A$347 million/ US$241 million based on 100% of the ordinary equity on issue.
Shareholders are encouraged to review all the details relating to why they may wish to ACCEPT the Offer in the Bidder’s Statement lodged with the ASX on 15 July 2020. Reasons to accept include:
- Nordgold is offering a full price for all the remaining shares outstanding in Cardinal
- Nordgold’s Offer is unconditional and provides the certainty of cash
- Accepting shareholders of the Nordgold Offer will receive full cash consideration within 2 business days (on a T+2 basis)
- Nordgold has received approval to proceed with the Offer from Australia’s Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB)
- Nordgold is already Cardinal’s largest shareholder, with voting power of 18.71%
The Offer is being conducted as an Australian on-market takeover offer. It is only made for ordinary shares traded on the Australian Securities Exchange (“ASX”) and can only be accepted through the ASX.
Nordgold is an internationally diversified one-million-ounce gold producer with over 8,000 people operating a portfolio of 10 mines (in Burkina Faso, Guinea, Russia and Kazakhstan) and a number of development and exploration projects in West Africa, Eurasia and the Americas. Since its foundation in 2007, Nordgold has established a global reputation as a leading developer of tier one gold mining assets with a proven commitment to community engagement, sustainability, efficiency and operating in an environmentally responsible manner.
| Olga Ulyeva
Head of Corporate Communications
|Peter Ogden||Tel: +44 (0) 20 7250 1446|
|John Gardner||Tel: +61 413 355 997|
* Unless extended or withdrawn in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).